• A holder of a Master of Business Administration degree and a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Metallurgical Engineering.
• Metallurgical Engineering profession spans over fifteen years in the mining industry and training.
• Mr Gwaze has a solid knowledge of interpretation of operational data and trends, plant monitoring, performance evaluation, process optimisation and continuous improvement, good knowledge of process control, project and people management skills, budget and cost control, safety health and environment on the plant. Fluent in English and computer literate.
• He exudes exceptional leadership hence the Zimbabwe School of Mines has remained above water during this turbulent economic environment and the COVID-19 Pandemic.
• Edwin holds a number of professional memberships and representations as follows:-
Association of Mine Managers of Zimbabwe Current
ZSM Board and its Sub Committees Current
Higher Examinations Council (HEXCO) Current
NAMACO – Mining Sub-Sector Committee Current
Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM) Current
Board of Examiners Chief Government Mining Engineer (CGME Current
Artisanal and Small Scale Miners Meetings and Conferences Current
Bulawayo Metropolitan Regional Discipline Coordinator Physical Sciences
National University of Science and Technology Council Member 2018-2019
Mr Gwaze has successfully facilitated numerous In-house courses for regional mine houses such African Barrick Gold (North Mara) in Tanzania and locally ZIMPLATS, ZIMASCO and How Mine. Spearheaded the development of a new National Diploma & Higher National Diploma in Mine Ventilation and Environmental Engineering including an Advanced Certificate in Fundamentals of Mining.
He co-ordinated a Women In Mining Course in 2011 as well as non mining courses such a the Mineral Resource Valuation Certificate, Plant Operators Course for UNKI Mine including a Project Managment Course. Furthermore, cordinated the development of the Higher National Diploma in Mining, Geology, Survey and Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy curriculum 2010/2011.
He is also a sesoned Examiner who spearheded the development and implementation of an exam setting, marking and moderation training course for Certificate of Competency Examiners in 2010.
Currently, Mr Gwaze is at the helm of Zimbabwe School of Mines as the Principal having been promoted from Training & Operations Manager in 2019.
During his spare time, he enjoys farming (horticulture & poultry), dog breeding, watching soccer and playing chess.