We understand that this is a very ambitious plan, especially in this challenging economic climate and we have sought to prioritise Operational excellence within the Strategic Plan. Our aim is to create the right conditions to let people flourish and play their role in us achieving our ambitions.
In order to ensure that those conditions are in place, establishing challenging goals around people and culture, operational effectiveness and sustainability and world-class infrastructure helps.
We strive to be a student-centred training institute. Providing an outstanding educational experience for our students is what we are about. Our teaching and learning is already excellent. Collaborating in our operations so that we provide a seamless, responsive and holistic student service is what we need. To continue to attract the brightest and best students we need to be flexible and agile in how we engage and support those students.
Our staff is a vibrant group of talented and skilled individuals across a mix of disciplines and professions. To build capacity and capability and to ensure our school continues to thrive means we need to have a strong developmental framework.
World-class infrastructure is a priority without which we cannot hope to compete. We are constantly investing in this space across our campus as we recognise the need for facilities that offer our staff and students the best possible experience. Our efforts will be geared towards all areas in our campus have the best possible facilities to deliver on our distinctive mission and that we have the necessary specialist facilities to support our students and staff in their ambitions.
We are prioritizing the development of a digital first approach to systems and services supported by the necessary technology and infrastructure. This drive will be essential to facilitating support research, collaboration, and delivering on learning and student support.
Higher education is generally facing a difficult time. We need to create a more sustainable financial and operational model for the School; one which makes the most efficient and focused use of current financial resources whilst continuing to make the case for enhanced investment in higher education.
Build on our reputation for an intense and engaging student experience and to create a positive environment the enables both staff and students to realize their ambitions.
Our People and Culture
- Foster a community of staff, students, alumni and partners who have a deep sense of belonging to the School and have pride in their connection with it.
- Establish a leadership that sets direction and good expectations of staff so they embrace change as needed to deliver the ambitions of the School.
- Attract, develop and retain the best people nationally and beyond, developing talent, offering career progression opportunities and rewarding achievement.
- Nurture a culture based on our values,encouraging integrity, diversity and inspiring work reflecting the make up of the communities we serve.
- Ensure all our partners national and international understand what we stand for, the excellence of our training and the amazing opportunities we can offer to prospective students, alumni and corporate partner.
- Leverage the creativity of our School to promote an exciting, distinctive experience for our staff and students. Ensure Zimbabwe School of Mines becomes the schoolof choice for more students nationally and beyond our borders.
- Establish a world-class environment and support services on campus; integrating physical and digital infrastructure so that it is flexible, user-centric and adapts to a fast-paced changing world.
- Provide a distinctive, economically viable campus that is safe, vibrant, socially engaged and accessible; that meets both student and staff needs, supporting collaboration and contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Develop a sound and sustainable funding model and associated budget systems that support growth in income especially from diversified sources.
- Ensure transparency and provide financial information to enable our divisions and other departments to make well-informed decisions.
- Ensure that all major initiatives and funding decisions are supported by high-quality strategic and financial planning.
- Push for more agile, risk-informed decision-making.