Executive Diploma in Mine Management
This course was designed to equip technical mining professionals with the competencies that will enable them to operate versatile, sustainable and cost-effective mining operations. It was developed on the premise that in addition to technical capacity, future mining industry leaders will need to:
- Identify and mitigate mining related risks and choose when to make decisions with uncertain and incomplete information.
- Incorporate best practices and invest in new mining technologies that will bring the highest benefits.
- Communicate, work, and lead teams to solve complex problems.
- Build effective reciprocal relationships with local communities.
- Integrate social, environmental, health, safety, security, and life-of-mine considerations into sustainable decisions for the mining industry.
- Assess and understand the economic conditions of their mining operations
The Executive Diploma in Mine Management delivers this integrated mine-applied business and management principles, which addresses the ever-changing mine business environment that will enable managers to be technically competent and able to implement disruptive technologies, new ideas and systems.
A minimum of a certificate in Mining, Mine Survey, Mine Geology, Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy and Mine Ventilation or their equivalents, with three years of relevant mining supervisory experience. An application for the course should be accompanied with a letter of sobriety from their employer.
At the conclusion of this course, students will receive a Zimbabwe School of Mines certificate as testimony of their hard work and acquired skills gained during their learning experience.
At the conclusion of this course, students should have a comprehensive understanding of the following modules:
- Introduction to Mine Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental Management and Sustainability
- Mine Throughput Management
- Introduction to Human Resources
- Capital Investment and Project Development
- Operations Management
- Mine Finance and Administration
- Mineral Economics and Marketing
- Mine Strategic Planning