The programme targets Mine Survey Personnel who are aspiring to occupy managerial other decision making positions. It also targets small miners with requisite entry requirements.
This programme is designed to upgrade the skills and competencies of Mine Survey Personnel. The Higher National Diploma will also enable the students to increase their
efficiency in research and development to satisfy the needs of the mining environment and other related industries.
Higher National diploma in Survey
National and strategic studies
Operations and research management
Mine planning and design
Geographic information systems & remote sensing Analysis and adjustment of computations
Financial management and accounting,
On the job training
Management & Decision Making Subjects
- Financial Management & Accounting (Core)
- Mineral Economics & Marketing (Core)
- Management & Organisational Behaviour (Core)
- National and Strategic Studies
- Mining Law & Safety (Corel)
- Mine Planning & Design (Core)
- Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing (Core)
- Analysis & Adjustment of Computations (Core)
- Engineering Mathematics (Core)
- Advanced Survey (Core)
- Project and Research Methods (Core)
- On the job training
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Levels including Mathematics, English and Science at Grade C or better, plus any two (2) Ordinary level or NFC subjects.
- Relevant ‘A’ Level passes will be an added advantage.
- National Diploma in Mine Surveying or equivalent.
- One year working experience in a relevant field