Higher National Diploma Courses ...
The course is designed to develop a highly competent and versatile, Mining, Geological, Mine Survey and Metallurgical Technologist with proven practical hands on knowledge expertise in area of specialisation. The course equips students with contemporary managerial and corporate governance skills. The ZSM HND graduate will not only understand the practice of mining but also champion mining as a general business enterprise.
Block Release Study
Are managed under the auspices of the Higher Examinations Council (HEXCO).
- Mine Survey
- Mine Geology
- Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy
- Metallurgical Assaying
Mode of Study
- The training would be conducted on block release with each block spanning thirty (30) consecutive days inclusive of weekends.
- The first block begins in January and final block theory examinations are scheduled for October November.
- On the job training and project to be done the following year when the student would have attended all blocks and set for the final examinations.
Prospective candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma or National Diploma in the relevant filed of study
- At least one (1) post qualification experience in the mining industry and relevant field.