>>> >>>CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S ANNUAL REPORT 2013/2014>>
THE GUEST OF HONOUR, CEO CHAMBER OF MINES
MINISTERS AND GOVERNORS PRESENT
THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF BULAWAYO, MR THABA MOYO
CHAIRMAN OF THE ZSM BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
PRESIDENT OF THE CHAMBER OF MINES NAMIBIA
CEO OF THE CHAMBER OF MINES NAMIBIA
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF MANAGEMENT AND ITS SUB COMMITTEES
REPRESENTATIVE OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN THE SADC REGION
REPRESENTATIVE OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN ZIMBABWE
ALL PROTOCOL OBSERVED
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
1.1 WELCOME REMARKS
The ZSM family welcomes you all to the Zimbabwe School of Mines’ (ZSM) 20th, ANNUAL GRADUATION & PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY, being hosted under the theme “CHURNING OUT SKILLS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND BENEFICIATION OF THE SADC MINERAL RESOURCES.
1.2 ZSM Overview Performance 2013/4
In 2013, ZSM ‘s performance was in line with set strategic directions. ZSM achieved 90% of the planned objectives for the year ending 2013. In an all Stakeholder involved process, the produced its 5 year (2014-2018). The School’s Strategic Directions dovetails and compliments the national ZIMASSET program.
In this regard the School has undertaken the following:
· Development and started running courses for Artisanal/Small Scale Miners.
· Development and started running courses for non-mining trained professional.
· Developed and started running a special course for media personnel to understand the general mining business so that the scriber are able to advise the public correctly.
· The School over-stretched the optimal enrolment levels from 30 students per discipline to 50 students.
· The School has put up strategies to prepare itself to be one of the main feeder institution into PAMUST. ZSM is also prepared to provide some of the physical facilities for PAMUST to use before it start having its permanent facilities.
· In response to industry and national advancement in CBM, the School has developed a post-graduate course in Methane Gas Mining which is ready for delivery.