To produce highly versatile and technological compliant hands on graduate that meets the international standards
The division is committed to work towards achieving the vision through:-
- Continuous review, design and upgrading of curriculum so that it is relevant to Industry’s needs and meets regional and international standards.
- Provision of computer literate hands on graduates.
- Promotion and development of entrepreneurship skills in all courses offered at the school
- Develop the ventilation and environment engineering curriculum by 2012.
- Ensure effective running of the internet café.
- Production of modern Distance Learning modules
- To organize, co-ordinate and conduct coaching courses for distance learning candidates.
- Offering of the National Diploma courses by 2012
- Offering of the CBM courses by 2012
- Offering of the Diamond mining ,polishing and cutting courses by 2012
The Department is responsible for providing a conducive, technology driven and superior service in research material and methodology to the students, staff and the mining Industry.
Consultancy and support services
- Consulting and research into various aspects of mining, metallurgy, survey and geology by undertaking feasibility studies, operations and safety audits, test work, survey work and environmental impact assessments.
- Providing support services to industry through the establishment of a mine data service center, mine rescue stop etc.
- Facilitate academic, intellectual and industrial development of academic staff.
- Encourage publishing of technical papers at different fora.
- All lecturers to undertake train the trainer course
- Localize the examination administration process by 2013.
- To be a recognized examining body in mining training by 2013.
- Ensure effective controls for examination handling are put in place by 2012.
- Insist on high standards of delivery through:-
- Usage of 2 tests, 2 assignments and 6 practical’s by 2012.
- Enhance theoretical tuition with planned field trips
- To ensure all courses respond to the requirements of producing entrepreneurship skilled students by 2012.
Facilitate development of the DLC into a commercial entity through re-investment, manpower support and available resources.
Offer the National Diploma courses on distance learning
- Installation of a wireless internet facility by 2012.
- Accreditation of the Metallurgy laboratory.
- Acquisition of all technological advanced mining software.
- Promotion of staff development programs.
- Develop and offer degree courses at ZSM.
- Promotion of consultancy work for all departments.
- To continue offering short courses to mines houses as per request.
- Establish a fully-fledge consultancy and research for various aspects in all departments.