To be the leading training and service institution in the SADC Mining Industry.
To produce highly qualified hands-on practitioners by providing professional mining courses and support services.
Serving the SADC Mining Industry.
To uphold and promote an efficient, transparent and professional business-like approach in order to achieve the long term viability of the school as an economic entity for the benefit of all its stakeholders.
To be dynamic and espouse high professional and managerial standards and practices in order to attain superior performance as a Mining Training Institution, and build upon the special cordial relationship with its Stakeholders.
To maintain a good relationship with students, different academic and professional institutions and the wider community, through our policies and activities.
Organizational commitment to stakeholders:- (Promise to students, Industry, Government, Staff and Society).
Promise to Students
- To provide an excellent environment for the academic, social and physical welfare of students.
- To provide high quality professional training that makes the ZSM graduate the most preferred employee in the Mining Industry.
- To provide a qualification that is of international standard.
Promise to Industry
- To supply competent and hands on human capital that is second to none.
- To provide high quality in-house training services for professional mining personnel.
- To offer quality training through Distance Learning.
- To be a resource center that provides industry with mining and related information and consultancy services.
Promise to Government
- To assist Government in manpower planning and development as is related to mining and related industries.
Promise to Staff
- To be a good employer by providing a conducive and mutual beneficial working environment.
- To provide an appropriate and equitable remuneration which relates to work performance
- To be an employer of choice
Promise to Society
- To take full cognizance of our role in maintaining relationships with all corporate bodies and their environment.
Promise to all Stakeholders
- To adhere, uphold and execute rules and regulations provided for by the Charter and other statutory regulations
- To provide transparent governance and full accountability of funds, grants and other resources provided by all stakeholders.